Saturday, April 22, 2017

apple kesari and sundal


The breakfast plan for today was Sundal and Kesari combination 😃
Preparation was, I had soaked channa kadalai overnight. Kept scraped coconut also ready.
Now down to the details:
Kept the channa with a little salt and tumeric (and necessary water to cover it sufficiently) in pressure cooker. Left it to cook well upto 5 whistles as I like my Sundal well cooked.
Did the seasoning part in parallel - i.e. added a handful of mustard seeds to oil, heated and added curry leaves and green chilli to it and kept side
Mixed cooked channa, seasoning and coconut and heated and stirred the mixture for a few minutes.
Sundal ready
Next I had just thought of making plain Kesari, but I like the orange colour on it - since I did not want to use food colours, I thought of adding turmeric for the colour instead. Now when I added that I thought why not make it pineapple Kesari as that usually is yellow in colour. But since I didn’t have pineapple handy, I thought of adding apple!
Here’s what I did: first boiled 3 cups of water and added turmeric and the apple pieces to it. Once the apple had boiled a little, added one cup of rava and stirred it well to avoid lumps (but still ended up getting lumps 😂). Next stage after rava had cooked a little, added ¾ cup of sugar, additional water as needed and stirred again. In parallel heated a little ghee and fried cashews and raisins in it. Then mixed these two and topped it with additional ghee and stirred nicely and took off from stove 😃
Kesari ready 😃

No comments:

Post a Comment

2016 recollect

Looking back on 2016 in my online world :-) Best of 2016 song playlist: 1. Mei Niagara - 24 2. Maya nadhi - Kabali 3. Thalli pogadhey -...