Saturday, April 22, 2017

Closing the financial year!


Sounds like a serious topic to start with right? 
But coming from me you can expect it to be simple - as I have never been good with financial planning - the maximum effort I have taken is to file IT returns on my own - and that too turned out to be disastrous as my IT filing got rejected a couple of years and I had to redo it with a proper auditor! sigh!
My post today is about an app called the expense manager. I started using this app in 2015 and it has been a good way to check and control my expenses. This is a cool app that comes with categories of expenses covering the usual basic stuff like house rent, electricity, gas, phone etc.
The next cool thing about it is you can email a .csv report of your expenses to any mail id after which you can sort and play around with the categorization of expenses and see where you have indulged in most :-) You can get weekly, monthly and year to date report of activities based on your choice 
The app comes with a calendar view acting as a visual aid of daily expenses -so it makes it easy to budget day to day spending.
Charts by category/sub-category helps you understand your areas of spending.
Though this might be too overwhelming to analyze so it is better done at the close of every quarter and finally the year end!
On this note, wishing everyone a prosperous year ahead!
Until later
bye folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2016 recollect

Looking back on 2016 in my online world :-) Best of 2016 song playlist: 1. Mei Niagara - 24 2. Maya nadhi - Kabali 3. Thalli pogadhey -...